1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

unable to download media

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by akmom, Oct 23, 2014.

1. akmom

akmom Lurker

I recent got a s4 galaxy and I am unable to download media items such as mp3 from any website, it only allows me to download from google playstore. can someone please assist!!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. johnny_w

johnny_w Well-Known Member

How are you attempting to download the media? Though Google play music or are you clicking on links to download mp3s?

3. akmom

akmom Lurker

ok..im saying that I cannot download anything at all from mp3 sites but I am able to download apps from google playstore. why is that so??

4. johnny_w

johnny_w Well-Known Member

I have no idea. I'm trying to replicate your issue so I can try some solutions.
    I opened my internet app, not chrome. I went to mp3.com, selected free music , folk (I'm old and like folk), clicked the down arrow next to the song I wanted to download and it asked me what app I wanted to use. I picked Internet and it downloaded. The download was listed in my drag down menu. I clicked on it and was asked what app I wanted to use to play it. I picked Sound Player and it played.
    Am I doing anything differently than you? Can you tell me where in this process your issue happened?
    I'm just trying to better define the issue so I can be of more assistance.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews