1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Unable to enable data connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vinaykumartv, Nov 28, 2011.

1. vinaykumartv

vinaykumartv New Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Hi All,
    I am not able to get the data connection up and running. After selecting the bsnlnet apn and enabling the data connection from Wireless and networks -> Mobile Networks -> Data enabled, when i try to browse google.com, browser is throwing an error about no connection. I can see "H" symbol in the status bar but still not able to get the data connection.
    I am using Froyo on Acer Liquid E ferrari Special edition with BSNL in Bangalore India. Please note that i am seeing this behavior after i upgraded to froyo, in eclair it was working fine.

Tried changing the APNs but still no help.

Seeing some error messages in adb logcat

D/MobileDataStateTracker-mobile( 123): default Received state= DISCONNECTED, old= DISCONNECTED, reason= (unspecified), apnTypeList= default
    D/StatusBarPolicy( 123): updateDataIcon mDataState:0
    D/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 123): handleCarrierInfoUpdate: plmn = BSNL Mobile, spn = null
    D/KeyguardUpdateMonitor( 123): handleCarrierInfoUpdate: plmn = BSNL Mobile, spn = null
    D/MobileDataStateTracker-mobile( 123): default Received state= DISCONNECTED, old= DISCONNECTED, reason= (unspecified), apnTypeList= default

Adb Logcat output is attached View attachment 1.txt

Advertisement

2. vinaykumartv

vinaykumartv New Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Resolved! by resetting to Factory setting