1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Unable to fully charge battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by robinta, May 28, 2011.

1. robinta

robinta Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 23, 2010
    Using the various methods/tips/tricks for charging the desire, I can usually get the power up to c. 4201mv or thereabouts. After rooting and resetting battery stats, no matter what I do the max is 4157mv.

I dont know how much difference this makes in real terms - but I obviously want as much juice as possible. I`ve tried recalibrating and wiping battery stats again to no avail.

I`m running redux 1.2 ROM - so dont know if this is related to the ROM, a gingerbread `feature` or just following the stat wipe.

Anyone any clues or am I bothered over nothing ?

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    As far as I'm aware, the max voltage being put out of the battery isn't the one you need to be looking at to decide if the battery is charged or not. (The voltage might be an indicator of the health of the battery, but please don't quote me on that :p).

There are a number of apps (I use one called Battery Monitor Widget) that show you the current draw going into/out of the battery. Currently my phone is almost charged, so it's accepting 133mA. The battery will be full when it reaches 0mA, i.e. the battery has stopped accepting any charge. That's the point at which I wipe my battery stats.

bigr1979 likes this.
  3. SiHa

SiHa Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2010
    Southampton, UK.
    Also HTC no longer recommend calibrating your battery, saying it can lead to long term battery damage. Maybe if it's obviously way out (battery charge indicator seems our out whack) it's worth doing, but bit in a regular basis just to coax a few extra mV out of the battery

Tags: