1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Unable to install Launcher Pro

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by meganpirate, Jun 28, 2010.

1. meganpirate

meganpirate Member

Jun 28, 2010
    For some reason, I am unable to install Launcher Pro on my Moment. When I search for it in the market (I've tried searching under Launcher Pro, Launcherpro, Launcher Pro Beta, etc.), the search comes back with no results. I have tried installing it through AppBrain, but when it searches for the app, again nothing appears. I have tried accessing the LauncherPro website from my phone, and my browser will not let me even access the website. The link appears on google, but when I click it, my phone tells me that the web page that I am trying to access can not be opened. The only way I can access it is by viewing the cached version. From there, I tried downloading the "APK" file, but when it actually comes time to installing it onto my phone, it says that I am unable to install it onto my phone.

I made sure that my phone is up to date on the newest version of Android, so I know that is not the problem.

Can someone help me install this app?

Thank you for reading, and have a nice day!!

Advertisement

2. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Are you running the official 2.1 from Sprint?

Is it possible that the launcher Pro website was just temporarily down?

edit. I just went to the market and grabbed it and verified it's the latest version 0.6.3 and it worked fine. I'm runnign a custom rom though so it may be different for you.

Try the website again.

3. meganpirate

meganpirate Member

Jun 28, 2010
    The phone came directly from Sprint with 2.1 on it, so I guess that that's the official version. And I think the LauncherPro website is working, because I can access it from my home computer.

Thank you for verifying that it is running, I guess I'll just keep trying

4. ovrrdrive

Dec 18, 2009
    There is a link on the website to download the file. Did you try manually downloading it and putting it on your SD card and then installing with a file manager?

5. meganpirate

meganpirate Member

Jun 28, 2010
    I just tried. The file launcher recognizes that the Launcher Pro file is on the card, but when I choose to install it, it says:

Application not installed
    LauncherPro could not be installed on this phone.

Any ideas, or is it a lost cause? Again, I really appreciate your help.

6. ovrrdrive

Dec 18, 2009
    What file manager are you using?

I use OI File manager and it works great for me. I think Astro File manager is pretty popular too. Try one of those to install it. They're both free in the market. I don't think you'll have much luck with the file manager that comes with it.

7. meganpirate

meganpirate Member

Jun 28, 2010
    I tried the OI file manager and it worked!! Thank you so much for your help!

8. ovrrdrive

Dec 18, 2009
    No problem. Glad you got it working.

9. derekchauvin@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2010
    Louisiana
    Ok i have a quick question....I install launcher pro beta an even got to use it...but i messed up an when i press my home key it would always ask if i want to set launcher pro beta or my original phone settin...i put my orginal as the default.....so how do i change that....it doesnt ask me no more if i want to use launcher pro...how do i change my default setting

10. derekchauvin@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2010
    Louisiana
    ok well so some how it working again i messed around in my file manger an its wroking again

11. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Dog Walker
    North Carolina
    If that ever happens again, you just go into settings>applications>manage apps and clear the defaults in the launcher pro app.

I *think* that's the location of it, I don't have my phone on hand right this second to look it up. ;)