1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Unable to instantiate service for class

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by abhay_bc, Jun 6, 2011.

1. abhay_bc

abhay_bc Newbie
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    HI

I am trying to create a drools app on android using eclipse. It compiles /builds correctly in Eclipse. But when I run it in emulator or android device, it says

W/System.err( 322): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to instantiate service for Class 'org.drools.builder.KnowledgeBuilderFactoryService'

I have the required jars added to "libs" directory of the project and the jars are also added to the build path in eclipse.

Advertisement

2. abhay_bc

abhay_bc Newbie
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    I was able to get around this .. i was referencing external libs in eclipse, but these were not being included in the build .. I had to add them to libs source folder in the application and then they were included in the build.

3. andualem

andualem Lurker
    None

Dec 9, 2011
    Hello!

I have similar problem but I can not solve it by adding jars to build-path of my project. What libraries did you use to develop your application. Have you used drools-compiler-xxx.jar library? When I enter this to my build-path and try to run the application, Eclipse shows an warning that says the class should be recompiled without specifying target.

have you faced similar issue? if so, how can I solve this problem?

thank you in advance

andu,