• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to Login to Email Without Restart First

So, new issue the past week.

Use to be that I could open chrome, click a bookmark to login to hotmail/outlook and no problems.

Now, I login, no problem, but next time I try I get DNS issues and cannot open the page. Tried Firefox to see if a Chrome issue, and same deal.

Tried uninstalling, clearing cache etc, and still the same issue. Seems like I have to release/renew my DNS to get it to work, which means shutting down the tablet (Nexus 10) and turn it back on again. And first login works fine, but later in the day when I retry, same issue again.

Nexus 10 is not rooted, and has most current Android installed. Couple of weeks ago I did a full reset of the tablet and reinstalled just what I use (not much). Wasn't having issues, just ever so often I do a factory reset and update just to clean off all the junk. Only noticed the issue this week.

Any ideas? I'm open to another reset, but if a simple fix, I'd rather do that.

My network hasn't changed since January when I bought a new main router and a new secondary router that was cascaded to the main to extend the range. Old farm house, very dense walls.

I'm about 8 feet from the main router, signal is fine. Week ago, issues started. Nothing between the two was changed.

I'm going to do a full reset tonight, see what happens I guess.

Upvote 0
So... flashed the firmware on my router, just in case, and did a full factory reset of the tablet and same issue.

It's only for hotmail, regardless of browser, and only on the tablet, and has worked fine for about 2yrs.

Sounds like the devices network card is causing some problems in communicating with hotmails' data server. If it's just the tablet, then test it on another tablet that is android (preferably the same OS or device) and see what happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones