1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Unable to make our receive calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by makeshiftpat, May 4, 2012.

1. makeshiftpat

makeshiftpat Newbie
    None

Feb 1, 2012
    Hi all,

Yesterday I started getting an error message whenever I try to make or receive calls. The error message reads: the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. I can text and surf the net.

I got to the second level of service representative with boost over the phone who determined it not to be a network issue. He would get me in touch with an engineer who would cal l me when I got off work. Never called.

I called back up there and was told by the associate who answered, after telling him I was waiting on a call, that they are working on my issue and that it will be resolved in the next 24 to 72 hours which surprised me as I thought an engineer was going to help when I called.

Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations? Similar problems? Troubleshooting tips? Comments? Thanks :D

Advertisement

2. makeshiftpat

makeshiftpat Newbie
    None

Feb 1, 2012
    I did a factory reset and that didn't help. When this error began, phone was rooted but stock.

3. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    PA/NJ Usa
    Have you tried Odin back to stock stock. No root. Your internal files might be corruput. That's the process I'd look into. Odin back to stock. Once there if you still have problems then its time to call Samsung or boost again.

makeshiftpat likes this.
  4. makeshiftpat

makeshiftpat Newbie
    None

Feb 1, 2012
    Can that be done without a computer?

5. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    Male
    USN Vet. / Certified Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counse
    So-Cal
    No. You will need a computer to use Odin.

6. makeshiftpat

makeshiftpat Newbie
    None

Feb 1, 2012
    I have a computer. Just not hooked to the internet. I guess I could download to my sd card on the phone and then transfer to my computer?

7. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    Male
    entertainer
    grand rapids,mi
    Yup

8. makeshiftpat

makeshiftpat Newbie
    None

Feb 1, 2012
    After calling back several times since last friday, asking why an engineer never called and getting the same response that one would contact me within 24 hours, i finally got a message on my voicemail stating: There is to o many people using boost in your area do we will be adding a new tower and you will have service back on 5/24.

I don't know if I believe that as the phone will not work at home, work or at a friends house 20 miles away.

Didn't try odin to stock not rooted yet. May do do if I feel confident in my abilities. Don't want to ruine the phone.

9. wyelkins

wyelkins Android Expert
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    Male
    Financial Services
    Savannah, GA
    I had a similar oddity today. I run CM7 as my tried and true. I flashed CTMOD 3.6 today and played with it for a couple of hours. Will spend more time on it later. It is pretty impressive. I did not spend much time with 3.5

I flashed back to my CM7 backup. I always do a factory reset and wipe Dalvik before a flash or restore.

Everything seemed back to normal but I soon realized that if I made a call they could not heart me. I tried various things. Toggling mute, rebooting, etc to no avail.

I finally pulled the battery for a few minutes. After that it started working again. I have never had this happen when switching Roms.

Weird, just thought I would report it.

10. bigtech

bigtech Lurker
    None

Oct 20, 2011
    Same problem--don't know if this will help, but this worked for me. I had previously pointed my Google Voice to a different mobile phone. I tried to switch it back to my Boost phone and it failed (no ring, straight to voicemail). Rebooted the phone and tried again, call came through and re-associated with Google Voice. After that I am able to make calls normally again.

11. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    Male
    USN Vet. / Certified Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counse
    So-Cal
    You would be surprised what a battery pull will do sometimes too.:D