1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Unable to mount USB on HTC Hero

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrHaugland, Jan 29, 2010.

1. MrHaugland

MrHaugland New Member

Jan 29, 2010
    I have this wierd problem with my HTC Hero that it is unable to mount USB when connected to computer. I only get the option HTC Sync. I haven`t connected my phone since i updatet to the latest ROM in the fall, and everything was working back then.

My girlfriend has the same phone (with the same ROM + radio), and hers are able to connect perfectly fine. Under "Devices & Printers" hers shows as "Android phone" whilst nothing happens when mine is connected.

I have tried un-and reinstalling HTC Sync (2.018) + HTC Drivers + manually deleted any HTC folder, tried in Mac Os X 10.6, Win7x32 and Win7x64 with the same results, tried her SD card in my phone, changed USB-cabels, done a hard reset + formatet SD card. Have also used a USB program which allows me to manually delete any installed USB driver, so that they could reinstall when reconnecting phone.

Anyone got a pointer?

Advertisement

2. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Norfolk, UK
    Just a thought have you got USB debugging checked in menu>applications>development

3. MrHaugland

MrHaugland New Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Yeah, I have. Forgot to mention that. Have tried both on and off. When connecting my girlfriends it doesnt mather if the debugging is on/off...

Tags: