1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Unable to open or delete one text-Optimus

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I have an LG Optimus F3 with T-Mobile. Last night, I received only the second half of a two part text message. When I click on the message, it prompts me to draft a new message. It does not appear in the thread of messages with the contact. When I clear my notifications, it quickly pops up again (if it disappears at all). I have turned my phone on and off and pulled the battery several times each. It is really frustrating as I am unaware when I actually have unread messages without manually checking them and it has been causing the screen to light up often, draining the battery.
    Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Any ideas as to fix it? Thank you so much for any help you can provide!

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Is the sender using an iPhone?

3. Nstancel

Nstancel Lurker
    None

Apr 25, 2014
    I am having this same issue as well. I think the person who sent me the text may have sent it from a iphone. All I know is that after receiving that text, the notification came up and will not delete, keeps my screen lit and is draining my battery. I've reset my phone and that did nothing.

4. SolApathy

SolApathy Just another robot
    VIP Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Ohio
    Hello and welcome to android Forums. My name is SolApathy & I will be assisting you with your question submitted through the guest “ask a question” service! We would like to welcome you to our forums; we look forward to assisting you today!

This is a long dead thread, last opened in early February, you are very unlikely to get any sort of a response here. I would recommend re-posting this question (since you are a member) in this forum associated with your phone. You can find a list of those forums here: Android phone support or you can post it here for general support: Android Lounge -General questions

If you are unable to get any response within 24 hours feel free to PM me for help :)