• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

unable to paste anything on webview login page link please guide ...

mWebView = (WebView) findViewById(R.id.activity_main_webview);

WebSettings webSettings = mWebView.getSettings();
webSettings.setJavaScriptEnabled(true);
mWebView.clearCache(true);
mWebView.clearHistory();
webSettings.setDomStorageEnabled(true);

mWebView.setWebViewClient(new MyAppWebViewClient());

if(savedInstanceState == null) {

String url="http://demo.techexcel.in:8080/tms/index.cfm?android_id=" + Settings.Secure.getString(getContentResolver(), Settings.Secure.ANDROID_ID);
mWebView.loadUrl(url);

}

If I'm understanding correctly, you are trying to open a page in your webview and paste your login into the login field of that page.

Some pages/websites do not allow copy/paste so it might not be a problem with your webview. To be sure, have your webview open the google search page and paste something in the search box. If there's nothing wrong with your webview then you should have no problem pasting into google search.

I'm able to copy/paste within my webview though I wrote my code differently than you, so if the above test doesn't work for you, then perhaps I can share some code with you.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones