1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

"unable to play file type" music player

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by Derevex, May 31, 2009.

1. Derevex

Derevex New Member

May 31, 2009
    After updating my G1 today, I was getting constant issue with my music files; 70-80% of it was missing when I went to turn on some music (it said that the file couldn't be played) so I figured I'd try something at home.

When I got home, and connected my G1 to my computer, I noticed that all the songs that were missing turned into an unknown, undeletable file labeled "000" to "164", which I'm guessing is the amount of music I was missing.

I tried unmounting the SD card and reformating it altogether, which helped to delete all the files, so I transfer all my songs again. As the music list is populating, I figured all the songs would be there, but I was missing some song stills, albeit not as many as before.

Is there something wrong with the server update, or did I just screw up somewhere? All the files that were missing were MP3-formatted, like all my other songs, except that they had Japanese names; I can see that I have some Japanese-named songs already, so I'm at a loss of what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance; sorry for a long post.

Advertisement