• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"unable to play file type" music player

Derevex

Lurker
May 31, 2009
After updating my G1 today, I was getting constant issue with my music files; 70-80% of it was missing when I went to turn on some music (it said that the file couldn't be played) so I figured I'd try something at home.

When I got home, and connected my G1 to my computer, I noticed that all the songs that were missing turned into an unknown, undeletable file labeled "000" to "164", which I'm guessing is the amount of music I was missing.

I tried unmounting the SD card and reformating it altogether, which helped to delete all the files, so I transfer all my songs again. As the music list is populating, I figured all the songs would be there, but I was missing some song stills, albeit not as many as before.

Is there something wrong with the server update, or did I just screw up somewhere? All the files that were missing were MP3-formatted, like all my other songs, except that they had Japanese names; I can see that I have some Japanese-named songs already, so I'm at a loss of what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance; sorry for a long post.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones