• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to post to android forums

modhatter6811

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2013
Outer Space
The blue banner is preventing me from posting on android forums when using my android device. It also scrolls with the page preventing most content from being read. I've tried many different browsers and all have this same issue. Please see the attached images. This is what happens when my keyboard comes up.
Screenshot_2016-01-08-16-12-43.png

And without the keyboard up...
Screenshot_2016-01-09-13-04-56.png

@ Moderators, I'm linking this thread in a message to tech support so they can "see" the issue. Just thought you fellas should be in the know.

That's why apps for forums exist. You can't really use web version on phones with small screens.

I'm not a fan of apps for everything. I'm a minimalist, which is why I became a member to begin with. I value debloated software, strict privacy and performance. I shouldn't have to clog up my phone with apps for everything. Web versions of everything else work just fine on my Tribute, and so did the forums up until this change a while back. If it ain't broken don't fix it. If I can't use androidforums properly with an android device using a browser built for that android, well there's something wrong with that picture if you ask me.

Upvote 0
The blue banner is preventing me from posting on android forums when using my android device. It also scrolls with the page preventing most content from being read. I've tried many different browsers and all have this same issue. Please see the attached images. This is what happens when my keyboard comes up.
View attachment 99291
View attachment 99357
@ Moderators, I'm linking this thread in a message to tech support so they can "see" the issue. Just thought you fellas should be in the know.
THX for bringing this to attention,you're not alone,I know of at least two others who've got the same issue.

That's why apps for forums exist. You can't really use web version on phones with small screens.

If you're referring to Tapatalk & Tapatalk-powered apps,they're a buggy joke at best.
Not the most intuitive apps I've come across either,I'll take the web/browser every time.

I'm not a fan of apps for everything. I'm a minimalist, which is why I became a member to begin with. I value debloated software, strict privacy and performance. I shouldn't have to clog up my phone with apps for everything. Web versions of everything else work just fine on my Tribute, and so did the forums up until this change a while back. If it ain't broken don't fix it. If I can't use androidforums properly with an android device using a browser built for that android, well there's something wrong with that picture if you ask me.
Again,THX for bringing up the matter.Hopefully we'll get some feedback soon. :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0
There is an old app for Android forum, not Tapatalk, you should give it a try too.
If you're referring to this,it's Tapatalk-Powered:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.androidforumscom&hl=en
If you're referring to this,it no longer works:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blau.android.phandroidnews&hl=en
If you're referring to something else,please post a link,I'd like to have something on mobile for A/F that isn't broke..............

Upvote 0
View attachment 99291
View attachment 99357
That's a phone, try viewing it in portrait mode rather than landscape mode. You'll see much more of the page that way.

Phone:
Landscape mode...
25c6be204329c14dca0bc8407d38cbfb.jpg

Portrait mode...
ef4707b6bf7be524b88ed0f22c5a4b68.jpg

Upvote 0
That's a phone, try viewing it in portrait mode rather than landscape mode. You'll see much more of the page that way.

Phone:
Landscape mode...
25c6be204329c14dca0bc8407d38cbfb.jpg

Portrait mode...
ef4707b6bf7be524b88ed0f22c5a4b68.jpg

The blue 'banner' floats down in portrait as well & just as annoying.
I've not seen this from any other site. Definitely weird,been brought up in other discussions, hoping to get some feedback soon........

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones