1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unable to post to android forums

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by modhatter6811, Jan 9, 2016.

1. modhatter6811

modhatter6811 Android Enthusiast

The blue banner is preventing me from posting on android forums when using my android device. It also scrolls with the page preventing most content from being read. I've tried many different browsers and all have this same issue. Please see the attached images. This is what happens when my keyboard comes up.
    Screenshot_2016-01-08-16-12-43.png
    And without the keyboard up...
    Screenshot_2016-01-09-13-04-56.png
    @ Moderators, I'm linking this thread in a message to tech support so they can "see" the issue. Just thought you fellas should be in the know.

codesplice, KOLIO and scary alien like this.
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #14 by Phases, Jan 11, 2016 (4 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. lvt

lvt Android Expert

That's why apps for forums exist. You can't really use web version on phones with small screens.

4. modhatter6811

I'm not a fan of apps for everything. I'm a minimalist, which is why I became a member to begin with. I value debloated software, strict privacy and performance. I shouldn't have to clog up my phone with apps for everything. Web versions of everything else work just fine on my Tribute, and so did the forums up until this change a while back. If it ain't broken don't fix it. If I can't use androidforums properly with an android device using a browser built for that android, well there's something wrong with that picture if you ask me.

5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

THX for bringing this to attention,you're not alone,I know of at least two others who've got the same issue.

If you're referring to Tapatalk & Tapatalk-powered apps,they're a buggy joke at best.
    Not the most intuitive apps I've come across either,I'll take the web/browser every time.

Again,THX for bringing up the matter.Hopefully we'll get some feedback soon. :thumbsupdroid:

Mikestony and scary alien like this.
  6. lvt

lvt Android Expert

There is an old app for Android forum, not Tapatalk, you should give it a try too.

7. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

If you're referring to this,it's Tapatalk-Powered:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.androidforumscom&hl=en
    If you're referring to this,it no longer works:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blau.android.phandroidnews&hl=en
    If you're referring to something else,please post a link,I'd like to have something on mobile for A/F that isn't broke..............

8. lvt

lvt Android Expert

[​IMG]

Please try this.

9. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

That's Tapatalk-Powered,take a look around in settings,it's in the fine print @ the bottom of the page. ;)
    If it works for you,that's awesome,but,for me,it's not a suitable replacement for the desktop/browser version.

modhatter6811 likes this.
  10. mikedt

mikedt 你好

That's a phone, try viewing it in portrait mode rather than landscape mode. You'll see much more of the page that way.

Phone:
    Landscape mode...
    [​IMG]
    Portrait mode...
    [​IMG]

11. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

The blue 'banner' floats down in portrait as well & just as annoying.
    I've not seen this from any other site. Definitely weird,been brought up in other discussions, hoping to get some feedback soon........

mikedt likes this.
  12. modhatter6811

I don't use my phone in portrait except to make phone calls. Its much easier to hold my phone and to type in landscape. Here's my portrait... Not only is it difficult to type, I'd hardly call that an improvement with my sentences all squished together and still only partially visible. Screenshot_2016-01-09-23-23-38.png

mikedt and KOLIO like this.
  13. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Note to Admin:
    Not piling on,just showing another example of what the O.P. is experiencing:
    [​IMG]

mikedt likes this.
  14. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Moving to the Feedback forum and tagging @Phases .

Apologies for the inconvenience modhatter!

15. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN

Try turning off "sticky header" in your preferences!

16. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

That did the trick.
    Now we know why YOU get paid the Big $$$$$$$$$$! :cashdroid: :thumbsupdroid:

17. modhatter6811

Will do! Thank you!

18. modhatter6811

It worked! Issue resolved. We're back in action. Hope this thread helps others.

#17 modhatter6811, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    KOLIO likes this.
  19. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN