1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unable to print from web page using DuckDuckGo

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Bob Hawkins, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Bob Hawkins

Bob Hawkins Newbie

I post here in desperation, recognising this is a browser/search engine issue but I have elicited no responses at https://www.reddit.com/r/duckduckgo.
    I installed version 5.24.0 DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser on my wife's recently purchased Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet because I have used it on our mobile 'phones and my desktop PC for many years.
    Opening, as an example, BBC Food and a recipe, tapping "Print recipe" has no effect. Selecting Share... then Wi-Fi Direct from the action overflow three-dot menu identifies my DIRECT-52-ENVY 5640 series printer that is acknowledged on the printer display with "successfully connected to mobile device" when tapped. Nothing further occurs.
    I discovered the culprit is DuckDuckGo browser. The print facility works directly in Chrome, tapping "Print recipe" in the case of BBC Food, or "Share..." in the action overflow three-dot menu followed by tapping the "Print" icon in the "Share via" window that displays.
    I wonder whether anyone can shed light on this issue?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Bob Hawkins, Jun 12, 2019 (1 points)
  3. Bob Hawkins

Bob Hawkins Newbie

SOLVED
    I chose to uninstall DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser and add its website to the Home Screen instead. It worked in two offered ways: 1. tapping "Print recipe" and 2. tapping the action overflow three-dot menu, Share... and the "Print" icon that displays in the resulting window, "Share via".
    Why the function is not possible within the app remains a mystery.

ocnbrze, MoodyBlues and Dannydet like this.