1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unable to reach Google

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wantsmore, Jul 9, 2013.

1. wantsmore

wantsmore Newbie

Twice I attempted to make a voice request for a stock quote on my HTC One x+. Each time, the screen said "unable to reach Google." However, I made the same request on my Motorola Xoom and both times I got an immediate female voice giving me exactly what I asked for. What is missing?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. wantsmore

wantsmore Newbie

Just solved the problem after a long conference with HTC support.
    The solution was to enter my new Google password, which was recently changed. Why this did not affect the Motorola Xoom WiFi tablet remains a mystery.

3. jdkrause48

jdkrause48 Lurker

I too, am unable to use the voice google OR google app on my phone. Frustrating to have to open a browser to go to google when the app is right there on the screen.
    You had to go through HTC themselves to fix the issue? How/where did you enter your password? My error message just blinks before taking me back to the app page. No time/place to enter/update a password.

J

4. wantsmore

wantsmore Newbie

Sorry, but it was such a long time ago that I can't remember any of the details of how it was solved.

HTC One X Plus Forum

The HTC One X Plus release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, NVIDIA Tegra 3 AP37 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews