1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unable to receive MMS video

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Timm129, May 16, 2011.

1. Timm129

Timm129 Member

I'm unable to receive video through the message system. I can send them ok and all other functions work fine texting, pictures, etc. I get the message but the attachment for the video doesn't show up on the phone and the message details only shows a size of 1k. Anyone have similar problems. Of course I've called VM and they were no help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. OverBoard

OverBoard Member

I have also have trouble receiving MMS from certain phones/carriers. Best as I can tell, it's a Virgin Mobile MMS problem and hard to resolve. Mine also showed a size of 1k sometimes.

iPhones on AT&T trying to send MMS to me seem to give the most trouble.

What phone and carrier was trying to send you the MMS?

3. Timm129

Timm129 Member

Yes Iphone on at&t is a big problem. However I have never been able to receive a video

4. Miloispunk

Miloispunk Newbie

Me either Timm129. This is getting annoying.

5. Timm129

Timm129 Member

I have since contacted VM about this here is their reply

Thank you for contacting Virgin Mobile Customer Care. Let me extend my apologies for the delayed response.

At this time, Virgin Mobile does not offer video messaging on any phone. We are really sorry about that. However, we are under a continuous upgrading process and we might offer that service in the future. New changes will be posted in our web site.

I guess they are right it doesn't say anywhere that they support video messages..

6. Miloispunk

Miloispunk Newbie

That is odd because I have been working with them over e-mail for a few weeks now on this. Never have they said that they don't support video messages. Plus, I am sure that most people can get them.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews