1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unable to receive MMS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lgos, Oct 8, 2014.

1. lgos

lgos Newbie

When someone sends me a picture message I get a notification that says "Multimedia Message" but clicking on it takes me to the compose new message screen you see in the attachment. Could someone please help me out?

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. XrayLaser

XrayLaser Lurker

I'm getting the exact same error. It started showing up last week. MMS notifications but can't retrieve anything. I'm on Virgin Mobile with and F3 on Android 4.1.2

Anyone getting this as well?

3. lgos

lgos Newbie

Glad im not alone here. I set it to not automatically retrieve picture messages and that seemed to work but still annoying and I have notifications that wont go away now.

4. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to the forums. I see your having trouble with your device first let me clear some android terms

lgos likes this.
  5. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

What notification is showing post a screen shot we can help if you help us with a picture or explanation:eek::rolleyes::p

6. XrayLaser

XrayLaser Lurker

That box is checked on my phone. I wonder if Sprint/Virgin Mobile were having network issues. Interesting that lgos had the same problem as I at the same time.

7. lgos

lgos Newbie

Ticking that box does help thank you. Its annoying that thats what has to be done though. XrayLaser if you still have the notification that wont go away like I did use an app called "Clear all sms + mms" it lets you delete the unread messaegs

BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  8. XrayLaser

XrayLaser Lurker

Hi Igos,

The error cleared itself after a few days. I did notice occasional inbound mms messages that had garbled ascii characters. "http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/ammsc/?An1xvXZtzxdkPZqaN" was what I pieced together after eliminating the spaces in the message. That being said, I suspect the problem may have been carrier-side.

9. NeoZiggy

NeoZiggy Android Enthusiast

Replacement sms/mms apps do not work properly for sending and receiving mms on 4G.

I use 8sms myself and even with the MMSC settings correct for Virgins APN I can not send or receive mms with the app on 4G, however on 3G it works.

I spent time trying to fix it but I couldn't get it to work on 4G at the time. I heard ChompSMS works though.

APN settings for 8sms and others:
    MMSC: http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088
    MMS Proxy: 68.28.31.2
    MMS Port: 80

In 8sms, you go into Settings > Multimedia (MMS) Messages > MMS Settings and enter that information.

10. ladyynara

ladyynara Lurker

Same issue here. Really mine hasn't worked for months, I would get the picture the next day usually. Last couple of weeks I haven't got anything but the "cannot retrieve mms" message.

11. robaho

robaho Well-Known Member

happily chompSMS works !

LG Optimus F3 Forum

The LG Optimus F3 release date was June 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2460mAh battery.

June 2013
Release Date
Reviews