• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to remove Voicemail icon in notification bar

tinman9898

Lurker
Apr 26, 2015
There are no messages in my Virgin Mobile voicemail inbox and have turned off voicemail on my account yet I have a 'new voicemail' icon in the notification bar of my Samsung Galaxy Ace, Gingerbread 2.3.6. I have tried rebooting, removing sim card and battery but the icon returns. Is there any way to clear this without doing a factory reset, which I have just done and reinstalled all my apps of which I have many due to using link2sd to move them to the external sd card.. The phone is rooted. I have read in other forums to clear the cache and data of the voicemail application and stopping and restarting the voicemail app on the phone but can't find that option.

Problem Solved: After trying methods with the phone such as removing battery and sim card and booting into recovery mode and clearing the phone cache partition etc. I deduced that it must be a glitch at Virgin mobile's end. Called them up and the Virgin technical person took 40 minutes to run some checks, turn voice mail on, leave a message, delete the message and reset the voicemail. This appears to have fixed the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones