1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Unable to restore tasked using titanium

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Roymus, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Roymus

Roymus Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    I am unable to restore ny tasker profile data using titanium backup. I can restore the app, but the data restore fails. Wondering whether this may have something to do with gingerbread...any issues with tasked and gb? I can key in the profiles again but I would sure like to avoid that if possible...thanks!

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    try wiping dalvik cache and cache and see if that helps. anytime i get errors and such i always wipe them and most of the time it fixes the issues.

3. Roymus

Roymus Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    Thanks, good idea...unfortunately it didn't work. Had another idea...I'll just nandroid backup my MikG install, restore the nandroid I did right before I flashed, export the Tasker profiles, restore the MikG, then import the profile data in Tasker. A few more steps, but it will take a lot less time than I've already spent in trying to figure this out...and a whole lot less than re-keying the profiles. I will say this: this is not the first time I've had this problem with Titanium...it's certainly not bulletproof. I've learned it's a good idea to export data from programs like Tasker and Folder Organizer that would take a long time to re-create as a fail-safe.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    not a bad idea. i agree about titanium backup, but not all apps are bullet proof anyways. but it is rare for me to come across any errors in tb, nut id=t does happen every now and then.

Tags: