• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unable to revert to stock rom =[

nyczducky

Jul 18, 2010
I was messing around with ROM's one day and saw one that said, "Flash to 1.47 without having to reroot" or something along those lines. I tried it and it worked perfectly. Today I tried to undo the root and flash back to stock using the "[How To] [FIXED!!] Unroot and return to stock" post on Android Central forums.
[How To] Unroot and return to stock. - Android Central Forums

However, halfway through the update, it fails. I want to return back to stock so I can flash the new Froyo update that is out. I don't know what I did.

I even tried to update directly to Froyo. No go.
I did a NAND restore to my 1.32 build. Still gives me an error.

Is there a way to go back to the Stock bootloader and stock recovery? Maybe that might help?

If there is any other information I can give please let me know.

Reactions: vinnyt225
I flashed to one of the rooted 2.2 ROMs.

Now out of curiosity, what would I need to do to go back to a stock 1.32 or 1.47 ROM?

The reason why I am asking is because of repair/insurance purposes.

The Unroot method in my first post didn't work for me when i was using a rooted 1.47 - 2.1 ROM. Will it work now that I'm flashed to a rooted 2.2?

Upvote 0

Now out of curiosity, what would I need to do to go back to a stock 1.32 or 1.47 ROM?

The Unroot method in my first post didn't work for me when i was using a rooted 1.47 - 2.1 ROM. Will it work now that I'm flashed to a rooted 2.2?

There have been lots of replacements, I highly doubt they turn down a replacement on screen issues based on your phone being rooted. "Sorry sir, apparently the nand unlock also loosened this here section of glue." Don't worry, be happy :)

Upvote 0

I think those RUU's fail if your current version is high than the ruu version, BUT I could very well be wrong.

Try flashing to the PC36IMG.zip rom.
Then follow the tutorial you were using to run the RUU update.

Upvote 0
I think those RUU's fail if your current version is high than the ruu version, BUT I could very well be wrong.

Try flashing to the PC36IMG.zip rom.
Then follow the tutorial you were using to run the RUU update.

i have a similar situation...i using unrevoked3 for the free wifi tethering. works great... but since froyo is being released tmrw what should i do to safely prepare myself? thanks

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
icic but should i just wait till the ppl at unrevoked figure out a solution? to be on the safe side since all the roms are "beta froyo"

Waiting is up to you. You can do the one I linked, and re-do it when the official comes out (assuming it proved itself different), or you can wait.

The one I linked is working well for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones