• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unable to root 4.3 with Nexus tool kit

rdefino

Oct 4, 2011
My nexus is running 4.3 stock flashed. I used 1.72 nexus root tool kit to root it and when I try to run SU, i get "there is no SU binary installed and superSU cannot install it"

I tried doing a factory reset and still the same issue.

Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
This question may be extremely stupid, but I want to make sure I understand. First I now have a Nexus 7 1st gen. Its running the 4.3 OTA. If it matters I'm running Win 7 64bit on my laptop.

If the WugFresh Tool Kit can already connect to my device should I be bothered with downloading and installing one of the drivers included in the kit?

Device Manager already says I have ACER ADB. Strangely though the devise manager has place it within Samsung Android Phone folder. Is already no by the way that the too kit connects to my devise as it is.

So is it a bad idea for me to just go with the driver I already have?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones