• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unable To Root Japanese SGS

Hi from japan everyone, just popping in for some advice on what to do with my Samsung Galaxy S. *I have one running the OTA version of Gingerbread which I made the mistake of installing over Froyo. *It. Does seem s little quicker with much less lag however I hate that it's unrooted again. *Only a day or two before I installed Gingerbread, I had purchased a wifi-only iPad thinking I would just tether to my Galaxy while on the trains here and throughout Tokyo.

I'll let you guess how I felt after installing Gingerbread...

SO now I wonder what are my options to wirelessly tether (or wired if that's even possible) my SGS with my iPad (iPad one btw). *Can anyone out there give me any suggestions? *I am worried about installing firmware from another carrier as I worry it might nuke the Docomo (my carrier) mail app or cause any number of other conflicts since I'm using a japanese provider. *Here is the data from my phone... Help please? *I've tried the methods from YouTube but those methods to root "ANY" android device dont work with mine, I assume since it's the OTA (well, installed via Kies) version of Gingerbread...

Model Number: SC-02B
Firmware: 2.3.3
Baseband Version: SC02BOMKF2
Build Number: GINGERBREAD.OMKF2

If anyone can lead me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it!!!

Poz

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones