1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unable to root LG US730 using bin4ry

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amybill1978, Mar 3, 2014.

1. amybill1978

amybill1978 Lurker

Hi All - Any advice would be great. Have run bin4ry several times and am told that root was successful by the root program, but when I run root checker on the phone, it says I don't have root. Please let me know what other details I need to post on here to get this figured out. This phone is US Cellular pre-paid cell and is LOADED with every bloatware imaginable. Thanks!

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Look in /system/bin for a file named su. (You can use adb and the ls command.)

Look for an app named SuperSU or Superuser or something similar.

Those 2 will root the phone. If su is missing, apps calling su to get root permissions won't find it, so no root. If Superuser (or equivalent) isn't installed, su can't call it to ask you to allow it to grant root permissions to the program asking for them.

amybill1978 likes this.
  3. amybill1978

amybill1978 Lurker

ok... thanks! i got adb running in a terminal window. i ran adb shell, and at the shell@android prompt, typed "ls /system/bin/" - i have no su or supersu or superuser in that directory.

i do have a su file and a superuser.apk on my laptop, but I don't understand how to get them onto the phone. gaaaaaahhhh... i hate being a newb.

4. amybill1978

amybill1978 Lurker

ok... tried something else that didn't work, but figured i would post that too. tried adb install Superuser.apk, which says it was successful, but looked in /system/bin/ afterwards and no su :(

LG Splendor Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews