• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unable to Root My ACE

I have used the same file upd_1.zip.

I copied that file to my memory card and then i have restarted my ACE in recovery mode.

When I select the option Apply update from Memory Card.

It shows an error message,

Unable to mount memory card

E drive not found

I even tried by changing that file name to update.zip as someone mentioned in other forum but still same problem

Upvote 0
I have used the same file upd_1.zip.

I copied that file to my memory card and then i have restarted my ACE in recovery mode.

When I select the option Apply update from Memory Card.

It shows an error message,

Unable to mount memory card

E drive not found

I even tried by changing that file name to update.zip as someone mentioned in other forum but still same problem

You will solve the problem very easy. Many times happend to everybody this problem it is about using USB connected to the PC and disconnected the cable without disable the software first leading to damage the clusters on the SD card. You need to backup all important things from SD card if you need something and go Directly on your phone Task Manager -> RAM -> Clear memory after that if you have any Launcher on you phone disable it. Swith to the default Samsung Launcher. Go to Settings -> SD card and phone store -> Unmount SD card -> Format SD card after that it will be mounted correctly. Copy the universal_gb_root_v28.zip file on your SD card you don't need to rename it to anything that is nonsense and have a happy ending story ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones