1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Unable to save email attachments

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CaptainMorgan1, Jan 7, 2012.

1. CaptainMorgan1

None

Jan 3, 2012
    Buckeye, AZ
    Just bought the Rezound on New Year's Day and have found 2 issues so far. One is the Timezone problem when set to automatic. The other is saving email attachments from my Hotmail account. When I tap on the attachment it will play if a media file, or display if an image file. There isn't an option to save it to the SD card, or anywhere for that matter.

On my Eris when you tapped on an attachment a window opened asking if you wanted to open, or save the attachment. This option seems to be missing on the Rezound. I have searched everywhere and am unable to find any option on the phone to save email attachments.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance...

Advertisement

2. Eric2

Eric2 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 30, 2009
    I miss that option on the Eris, too. On the Rezound, it seems it automagically saves it to a download folder when you open it by doing the long press. I'm not sure if there is a way to have it ask you to download or open, but that would be nice.

CaptainMorgan1 likes this.
  3. CaptainMorgan1

None

Jan 3, 2012
    Buckeye, AZ

This is interesting...While in the Gallery to delete some photos from yesterday, I noticed an image there that was an attachment in an email I previously viewed. It appeared it was automatically saved, since I didn't save it myself.

I then saw the "All downloads" folder and decided to click on that to see what it contained. Lo and behold it contained the media files I had previously viewed as attachments in emails. This phone seems to automatically save any email attachment that is viewed.

It appears my problem is solved, but I would like the option to determine what is saved. I guess saving everything is better than saving nothing.

Thanks Eric for the long press tip. I'll try opening with and without the long press to see what happens.

4. Eric2

Eric2 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 30, 2009
    Glad you found them. It is annoying though, because now we have to go in and delete the ones we didn't really want to save.

The long-press option was what we used to have on the Eris, (that's what I recall, anyway). But on the Rezound, it just seems to open it up (and save it) instead of giving us the option.

Tags: