1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support unable to scan wifi networks

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by simulator, Aug 4, 2010.

1. simulator

simulator Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Others have had this issue on other Samsungs. It happened to me last night on the Captivate. I tried battery pulls, deleting the wifi nets, etc., but it still kept turning wifi off within a minute of turning it on. I did a factory reset (I'm getting better at this process -- can restore my device back to its former glory within an hour :() but its still a massive pain in the ass.

Anyhow, just in case you experience this, it clearly is not a hardware issue.

Advertisement

2. DioNYc777

DioNYc777 New Member

Oct 20, 2010

I have the same issue

3. msauerman

msauerman New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    I had this issue as well and did the factory reset per user suggestions - it worked. Does anyone know if this is just a temporary glitch? There's very little info on the interwebs about it but the majority opinion is that it is not a hardware issue like simulator said. I'm sorta paranoid about connecting to a wifi network now as I don't want to have to set everything up and re-load all of my apps again. I posted the same info on AT&T's forum just to see if anyone over there had experience with it.

4. Stacilee

Stacilee New Member

Jan 18, 2013
    I don't think it's usually a hardware issue. I've seen reports all over the web with a variety of hardware brands.