1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Unable to Search Contacts by Last Name Only (Last Name = Numbers)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Textbook1987, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Textbook1987

Textbook1987 Lurker
    None

Feb 11, 2014
    I do store tech support for a coffee company with over 150 stores. I have contacts synced to my Exchange account with the first name Store and the last name their store number. With my old phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus) I could do a search contacts and just enter the last name, such as 354 and it would bring up Store 354. With the LG G2, if I type in just 354 it will only bring up phone numbers that have 354 in it. Store 354 does not show up in the results. If I type in "Store 354" it shows up. Is the phone seeing "just numbers" in my search query and thinking it doesn't need to search names? Is there any setting I can change to fix this? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Go to your app drawer & select CONTACTS,then,hit the MENU button & navigate the SETTINGS.You should then be able to better customize the CONTACTS search feature.

3. Textbook1987

Textbook1987 Lurker
    None

Feb 11, 2014
    Thank you for the reply. I have already tried toggling many of the settings there without any change.

4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    My only other suggestion would be to download a dialer app from the GOOGLE PLAYSTORE.

Lots to choose from,most are free w/an upgrade for extra/premium features.

LG G2

The LG G2 has a 5.2-inch display with 1080p resolution. It also has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel camera, NFC, and more.
Tags: