• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to select a zip file after recovery.

I am following the tutorial "How To Root Samsung Galaxy Nexus ( Universal Tutorial Guide )" on "Android Geeks" and all is going well, my phone in now unlocked and I'm am on v4.0.4 (big come down from 4.1), but I can't get to the super user zip file. This is the same problem I had with the tut on "Android advice".They say "keep pressing the Volume Up key till you see the

Welcome to the forums Fred :)

The issue is, there cannot be a Universal Tutorial since the Galaxy Nexus is on all carriers, and all those carriers do not work the same when rooting.

If your device is on a GSM Carrier (International, T-Mobile, AT&T) go here - (International / GSM) Galaxy Nexus - All Things Root - Android Forums

If your device is with Sprint: (Sprint) Galaxy Nexus - All Things Root - Android Forums

If your device is with Verizon: (Verizon) Galaxy Nexus - All Things Root - Android Forums

Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones