1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Unable to send emails but got no problem receiving them

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Matt43, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Matt43

Matt43 Member
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    When I try to send emails from my X10, I get "Connection error" at the top of the screen. However this is the only feature that isn't working .... I can RECEIVE emails, access the web and the market etc with no problems at all. It's quite frustrating because when I get an email I can't reply to it. Help!

Advertisement

2. androzoom

androzoom Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2011
    Student
    what are using for your email server POP3 or SMTP whichever you r using make sure the out port is correct

3. Matt43

Matt43 Member
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    According to my settings the incoming server is POP3 and the port is 110. The outgoing server is SMTP and the port is 587.

All of which might just as well have been written in Swahili for the amount of sense it makes to me!!

4. rosered

rosered Android Expert
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    Have a look at your mail providers online help section, you may need to change your port number. Other things you could try are IMAP settings if you can't get the POP3 ones to work and making sure the SSL security section is set correctly. Again this should be on your mail providers help page.

5. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa
    Could be mail restrictions by tour provider.

Example, we have 2 major providers in Canada, Bell and Rogers. If I am connected to a Bell network, I am not allowed to use Rogers outgoing mail servers and vice versa. Basically, they do it so people connected to other networks can't spam through them...but also makes sure that people have to connect to them in order for it to work.

Way around it....webmail....sucks.

If you are using a secure SMTP port, your provider might only allow that mail to be sent through their mail servers if you are connected to their network.

Ask your provider....if I am connected to network A, can I use your network B settings to send mail from network A out through network B?

Or you can mess around with other mail servers. Like send emails out through your network B while connected to B, but using network A email address.....in my case, while connected to Bell, I can use Bell's mail server to send out emails using my Rogers account (which used to be allowed....might have locked that down)

6. belld

belld Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Anyone out there solved this problem? Since the latest software upgrade I have been unable to re-connect to my internet service provider e mail. I use wireless i burst. Before the upgrade, no problem, now with upgrade , no can do. Have tried the service provider, and the cellphone service provider and Sony Erikson. I just get shunted one to another. I use a pop3 setting. Also does anyone have the problem of loosing signal to the experia?

7. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa
    Yeah.

Common problem is that under 2.1 there was no security for POP3 (on default ports 25 and 110) but on 2.3 it uses secure POP3.

You should use the secure ports. That is what changed for GMAIL.

Who is your provider? Have you deleted all mail accounts except for one? What happens when you try and send an email from yourself to yourself?

Any errors at all?

Have you confirmed your POP3 settings?

8. 916x10

916x10 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 13, 2010
    Sorry Matt, I've been running 2.3 for almost 2 months now and I haven't had any problem with any of my email clients...I use GMail and Yahoo. Good luck getting it figured out though.