1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Unable to Send Text Message / No notification of Undelivered!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Colchicine, May 14, 2010.

1. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

Found out yesterday that my "computer" is not sending text messages (using the native app). It caused an argument between my wife and I, and about damn-near caused a divorce. The bad thing is that, from what I can tell, it hasn't been sending ANY for a couple of days now. (Notice I didn't say that a potential divorce was not the bad thing :D)

I can receive texts all day long, not able to send them. In the time that I wasn't able to send them, I wasn't receiving any notifications that the text wasn't sent! I can go into the app, menu > undelivered and see 2 dozen texts there. Why am I not getting a failure notification if I have "Failure Notification" checked in the settings???????

Because it went on for so long before being noticed, I have no way of knowing if I screwed around with the settings or if an app I downloaded has caused the problem

I've been tempted to use Handcent, but I'm leery about using something that radically changes the interface when I am a new Superphone and new Android user. Besides, it may not fix the problem.

Any fixes?

Advertisement

2. Colchicine

Spent an hour on the phone with Tech Support. Nothing on their end shows a problem. The two guys I spoke to gave me their personal number to send a text to just to make it easy. One was an Incredible user.

So it came down to doing a factory reset. I told him I wasn't happy about that and went and downloaded Handcent. Worked! Native app is non functional on my phone.

3. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Are you talking about sending SMS with google voice or through Verizon with the HTC SMS app?

4. Colchicine

through Verizon with the HTC SMS app

5. INTREPID-NY

INTREPID-NY Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
  6. Colchicine

I didn't reset my phone, and waiting to find this solution was one of the reasons!

Your solution, of eliminating the dashes in the number WAS the problem. I totally forgot I did that, and as soon as I read it, I KNEW that was it. thanks!