1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unable to set an Mp3 song as my default ringtone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yazansan82, Dec 8, 2013.

1. yazansan82

yazansan82 Lurker

hi friends,

i'm new here so bare with me. i have upgraded my Galaxy Grand Duos to JB 4.2.2 and everything was working perfectly, but in the past few weeks i noticed that i'm having problems setting my favorite mp3 song as my default ringtone.

note this isn't the first time that i attempted to do so. i listen to the song i like, i download it to my phone, and just click on it and set it as a default ringtone. but afterwards, if my phone rings, the phone reverts back to samsung's default ringtone, though when i go to sound setting it says clearly that the ringtone of my choice is selected. and the same goes to the notifications ringtones too.

is any one facing such a problem and is there a solution for it.

thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. socrates0

socrates0 Android Enthusiast

I had participated in a thread on the Galaxy Ace section (I had one then) for a similar problem. What is the location of your ringtones?
    1) 1) Are they copied into root directly or is
    2) 2) The folder containing them copied in root?
    I have used this & had no problems
    [FONT=&quot]To use your own MP3 as ringtone, sms tone or message tone. Create a folder on your SD card (internal or external work) and call it ‘Media’ folder. In that folder create a folder and name your ‘Audio’. In the audio folder, create three folders, named ‘Alarms’, ‘Notifications’ and ‘Ringtones’. In that folder you can put MP3s, suitable as alarm/notification/message tones or ringtones.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]If you go to messages and press the menu button, you can go to Settings (at the bottom), select a ringtone for SMS.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]To add music on your SD card make a folder called 'Music' in the following location Media\Audio\Music.[/FONT]

Samsung Galaxy Grand Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Grand release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, processor, and 2100mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews