• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to sign into ZenFone 3 (ZE520KL) with gmail account - wait 24 hours

Hello,

So I have a new ZenFone 3 (ZE520KL) - ASUS_Z017DA with Adndroid of course. I'm trying to set it up for use and it asks me for a google account or with work. but when I use my google account it tells me there was an error. It just say there is an error when signing it and to use another account or wait 24 hours. This is the second weekend I tried. I tried last weekend and today I am on this forum. I also did four factory resets as attempts to start anew. I'm able to connect to a working wireless network. I tried every option I could, like send me a SMS with a code, help me find my account, start anew, restore data.

- Is there something else I could try, or something maybe I'm missing?

- Or maybe google servers are blocking me? I tried this to unlock my device or something but nothing: https://accounts.google.com/b/0/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

Any help to not thrown away working hardware would be really appreciated. -_-'

Here are the messages I get:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Verify your account
google
This device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device.
-------------------------------------
Unable to sign into device due to an unknown error. Please try another account or try to sign in again after 24 hours.
------------------------------------------------------------

wagG3fZOQ9VVJoxhR61EfxXT7g_qvqU-cwSY4TdXAWEai4RuPyei5UMWBbrlAr16z4_o-cJpQxqYG5U2P6y-siM2yfV8UsEXjPYrKk7eoQSF9yVj37UD0ljjpO_KLcG_7mENwhlPL_14=s0-d-e1-ft

Welcome to Google on your new Asus ZenFone 3 (ZE520KL)
Hi Ruben,
Take the final steps to finish setting up your phone by downloading these official Google apps.
-------------------------------
New device signed in to
CHECK ACTIVITY

You received this email to let you know about important changes to your Google Account and services.
© 2018 Google Inc.,1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
--------------------

Thank you in advance.

hello, yeah sure.

This one below? more than twice. and had no effect. Google just sent me this email twice, one each weekend. Once I confirm it is me, it stops for following attempts. But the device still goes 'unknown error, try other account (which of none had worked), or 24 hours' message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New sign-in on Asus ZenFone 3 (ZE520KL)
Your account is at risk if this wasn't you
K6fehUATH_MhhpdnVDhDKoSFRbvVJgbv1CDr0lCVv1-ZDKcTPJgdCSqzpW6o9YcVDRyXL-lxzn4fGw=s144

Asus ZenFone 3 (ZE520KL)

July 8, 3:47 PM

Near location

Do you recognize this activity? yes no
-------------------------
You’re all set!
You just confirmed it was you

Make sure your account stays safe
Take a minute to review some important security settings. Get started
Back
----------------------------

I'm quite sure the problem is in the phone, but factory resets hadn't work either. or a blocked list from google servers?

Upvote 0
hello, yeah sure.
This one below? more than twice. and had no effect. Google just sent me this email twice, one each weekend. Once I confirm it is me, it stops for following attempts. But the device still goes 'unknown error, try other account (which of none had worked), or 24 hours' message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New sign-in on Asus ZenFone 3 (ZE520KL)
Your account is at risk if this wasn't you
Asus ZenFone 3 (ZE520KL)

July 8, 3:47 PM

Near location

Do you recognize this activity? yes no
-------------------------
You’re all set!
You just confirmed it was you
Make sure your account stays safe
Take a minute to review some important security settings. Get started
Back
----------------------------
I'm quite sure the problem is in the phone, but factory resets hadn't work either. or a blocked list from google servers?
it maybe blocked then. The other thing to try if you haven't is make a new gmail account to see if it works. If it does there is something wrong with your account. If it doesn't then it's probably the phone itself

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones