• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to subscribe to text alerts

I was setting up text alerts for my pharmacy so when my prescriptions are ready it texts me. But when I was sending the first text, a warning popped up saying something about text costs may apply or something. It popped up while I was typing so I accidentally pressed something and now when I try to send a text to (for example Facebook at 36626) or an alert for any of my services, it said "failed to send. Retry"

How do I go back to the sms settings with coins on the screen and it asking me to select something regarding the fact that these text costs may apply?

Thanks

You could go to menu>settings>apps>[your messaging app]>permissions and make sure it has the correct permissions turned on. You could also try try menu>settings>apps and then tapping on the menu (three dots) and select reset app preferences. Not sure, but that might reset ALL your app preferences so you'd have to re-accept permissions again the next time you open each app.

Reactions: NCzerniak83
Upvote 0
This is the setting i accidentally hit 'Never Allow' in my stock Messaging app.  How do I switched it to Always Allow?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170623-121911.png
    Screenshot_20170623-121911.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
I figured it out!  Thanks to a Google search, someone else had the same issue and posted the fix.  When you go to System Settings, then Applications, you select 'Show System Apps' and select 'Message Service' and then in 'Send Premium Text Message' are the options to Always Allow etc.  Thanks for your time, everyone!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170623-221102.png
    Screenshot_20170623-221102.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_20170623-221108.png
    Screenshot_20170623-221108.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones