1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

unable to switch between android keyboard and swype

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joemonkey, Apr 21, 2012.

1. joemonkey

joemonkey Android Enthusiast

i just upgraded to ICS and the 'input method' is missing

i was able to long press on the input screen to get the 'input method' and then switch between the android keyboard and swype. now after the upgraded to ICS, long press on the input screen only gives ,e 'paste' option.

anyone having this issue??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Satires

Satires Android Expert

Try going into your settings, then to language and keyboards. Confirm you still have the keyboards and also confirm that they are enabled.

A good example would be, I download a keyboard from the playstore and install it. It won't come up as an input method till I go into my setting and enable it, only then will it be offered as an option.

3. joemonkey

i make sure the swype keyboard is enable under language and keyboards after i updated swype for ICS.

** updates... now when i enter a text, i see the keyboard icon on the far left on the status bar. when i swipe down the notification to open the 'select input method', it gives me swype & touch input' option. now if i can only long press on the input area to pop up the 'input method'.

4. psyxologos

psyxologos Well-Known Member

switch to one of the other keyboards (not the touch input) from the settings menu. Once you do this, every time you are using a keyboard a small icon will apear on the top left of your screen and allow you to chose!

5. joemonkey

yes, i notice there is a keyboard icon on the upper left corner. i supposed that is a few of the subtle changes in ICS

HTC Sensation 4G Forum

The HTC Sensation 4G release date was 8th June. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

8th June
Release Date
Reviews