1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Unable to Synchronize Facebook Account

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by comet06, Oct 12, 2011.

1. comet06

comet06 Lurker
    None

Oct 12, 2011
    I finally hooked my Play up to a PC and installed the latest update, now my phone is asking me to synchronize my Facebook account.

My Facebook App works fine on my phone, however my Play is requesting that I authorize a ton of things I really don't want to authorize:

- Posting to Facebook as me
    - Access to my data even if I'm logged out

There are others but these two in particular bother me (no, I don't want anything else posting to facebook other than myself, and no, though I understand my data is accessible regardless when I'm logged in, if I'm logged out on my phone, I really don't want to have something else in there rooting around...)

I press "Don't Allow" and of course they give you the option, but everyone knows that's not really an option, it's just there to make it feel as if you were given a choice at all. Within seconds it's popped up again.. "Can not synchronize your account".

This is really eating my battery having it popped up all the time, and even if I disable data in my wireless settings, it still pops up. I force the Facebook app to stop and it still pops up.

Is there anyway to remove this other than "allowing" this app to take control of my Facebook page?

Thanks in advanced!

Advertisement

2. oleb84

oleb84 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    Male
    London
    Unfortunately you just have to get on with it.

The only reason they need access to post to your account without being signed in is do that you can you the external software that is built in to upload photos.

3. fuhrl

fuhrl Well-Known Member
    None

i wish i could get anything from facebook to sync to my phone. not having being able to get facebook synced to my contacts is driving me nuts.

4. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 22, 2010
    Roseville, CA
    I've had this problem too, but then I found Friends Sync from the market, it does an okay job.