1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

unable to turn on USB Debugging after failure

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by etijskens, Jul 27, 2021.

1. etijskens

etijskens Lurker

I have a xiaomi redmi note 9s. While transferring photos to a sd card something went wrong. this is the current situation:
    • the file manager on the device does not show the photos
    • about this device tells that 68.5 of 128 GB of memory is used (64 of which is internal and 64 on the sd card). this corresponds more or less to the situation before the problem occurred, so it looks as if the photos are still there somewhere.
    • I can access the device using android file transfer on my Mac but all photos are gone. it reports that 55.43 GB is available. I am unsure if that is on a total of 128 GB (including the sd card) or 64 GB (not including the sd card)
    • I switched on developer options, but when I want to switch on USB Debugging, the usual popup does not appear, instead the previous window is shown. If I try again the USB Debugging is not on. As a consequence, data recovery software (I am using Tenorshare UltData) fails to connect with the device.
    Is there another way to turn on USB Debugging?
    are there data recovery tools that work without USB Debugging turned on?
    if I uninstall some apps, would that help?

All help is greatly appreciated!
    Bert

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

How did you transfer the photos? Copy or move?
    And here's the thing, if you move and something go wrong, you lose everything

mikedt and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Usb debugging isn't going to help you

mikedt and ocnbrze like this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

do you see your photos in the Photo app? why not just use Google Photos to upload your photo's to the cloud? google photo's does not need wires and will auto save and sync your photos. i never have to worry about my photos. its always there in the cloud.

Dannydet likes this.

Redmi Note 9 Pro Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews