1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unable to turn PIN lock screen off

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pinmac1, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Android Enthusiast

I use Bluetooth Wifi Unlocker to keep my Note unlocked when I'm connected to my home wifi and it's worked really well up until now. When I was out yesterday, I realised that the note was failing to lock as it normally did so I turned on the PIN screen lock under Lock Screen in Settings meaning to sort it out later.

Now, though, BT Wifi Unlocker has stopped working saying it can't work with my phone probably due a Device Administrator forcing the setting of the PIN. The only thing that has changed is me setting the PIN. The PIN screen lock is kicking in each time I close the phone, after every phone call, when I try to dial etc and it's driving me mad. So I thought I'd unset it but I can't.

Under Settings>Lock Screen> I choose the top option Screen lock. I have to enter my PIN and then Continue. I then get a screen with the all the alternative options greyed out saying that they have been "disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage." I Googled to find the common cure is to remove administrator rights to an email program but there is none listed under Device Administrators. I have checked that I haven't got any of the possible encryption choices ticked but I don't know what it means about credential storage.

I hadn't realised what a good job BT Wifi Unlocker was doing until it stopped (no association just pleased with it) and I just want to go back to how it was but to start with I just want to unset the PIN lock. Any suggestions please?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews