1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Unable to unbrick LG Ally LG-VS740

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hmdgjr, Jun 2, 2011.

1. hmdgjr

hmdgjr Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Crisis Worker
    Allentown, PA
    :eek: I rooted my phone and everything went great. I used superoneclick.;) I downloaded Titanium Backup Pro. Still everything was great until I deleted google browser (I don't like google). YEAH!!! I know a big mistake:eek: Anyway, I can't download, I can't unbrick, and I can't reset. I researched the web and forums for a solution and I tried all of the suggestions but nothing is working. I can get my phone to boot up to the home screen but when I try to download I keep getting this Error: "The application Google Services Framework (processcom.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectledly. Please try again. Force close." This is now the message of DEATH to my phone.:eek: I know that some where in these forums is the answer I need. If someone could please point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. If my phone is useless just let me know. I will have to just cry for a couple of minutes then kick myself for being so stupid.
    Oh! I can follow directions pretty good (as long as they are step by step - like the ones I havew read so far.
    Thank you in advance for your help (if there is a solution).:eek:

Advertisement

2. death2all110

death2all110 Android Expert

Jun 25, 2010
    Male
    Systems Administrator Windows/Unix
    Illinois, US
  3. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert
    None

Nov 3, 2010
    Chandler, Az
    Deaths link should work for ya, and why did you make everything soooooo BIG? Anyway, if i was you i would use lgnpst to fix you up. Then the 2.2 root guide to flash stock rooted or velocity if you want. that is if you still want a rooted phone. This will also give you a custom recovery so itll be easier to backup and fix this sort of thing in the future.

4. hmdgjr

hmdgjr Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Crisis Worker
    Allentown, PA
    Thank you Death2all110 - I will try over the weekend.
    Then let you know!;)

KingofGreen - Sorry, about the BIG.:(
    I was not trying to be funny or offend anyone. I have been trying over one week to deal with this and it is very frustrating to try everything and nothing work. I didn't want to post because I knew there was a solution but I needed to be pointed in the right direction.
    I will follow Death's information. Thank you

5. KingOfGreen

None

Nov 3, 2010
    Chandler, Az
    No sweat amigo, I can understand stressin if you think your phone might be toast. I hope LGNPST works for you. It spells out every step. But if you do have any trouble. Id visit the ally irc channel. I think you can get to it at webchat.freenode.net and join the ally channel. Its be linked around here a few times. Ive never went in there with a question and left without an answer. The folks in there great and incredibly helpful. Some of which dont even have an ally anymore. Any how got off topic a bit. But good luck.

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ally&uio=d4

6. hmdgjr

hmdgjr Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Crisis Worker
    Allentown, PA
    Thank you Death2all110.
    My phone has risen from the valley of death.
    Your step by step directions are the BEST.
    The only thing my phone won't do is the update sent out by Verizon.
    Could you point me in the right direction again about to how to deal with the update?
    Thanks for your patientce. It is greatly appreciated.;)

7. KingOfGreen

None

Nov 3, 2010
    Chandler, Az
    Have you done anything after completing the guide?? Is the update not downloading? Or installing? Or not showing up at all?

8. hmdgjr

hmdgjr Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Crisis Worker
    Allentown, PA
    Haven't done anything after completing the guide. Everything is functioning. The update downloads then tries to install but it stops then reboots the phone. I tried three time then stopped and asked for help.:eek:
    Thanks.

9. KingOfGreen

None

Nov 3, 2010
    Chandler, Az
    The update has to reboot in order to install, is it rebooting to a mostly black screen with an android coming out of a box? If so it is installing just fine. Or is it just rebooting normally? Does the download finish and you select restart and install? Go to settings>aboutphone>SW Version and see what it says. If its anything but VS740ZV6 then the updates worked.

10. hmdgjr

hmdgjr Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Crisis Worker
    Allentown, PA
    Thank you again KingofGreen.
    I did what you said - "Go to settings>aboutphone>SW Version and see what it says. If its anything but VS740ZV6 then the updates worked."
    My SW Version: VS740ZVD
    So, I am assuming the updates worked.
    Is it safe to root again if I decide to do this?:eek:
    Not sure because I can't afford the frustration, even though there are great forums with understanding people to answer your questions.:)

11. KingOfGreen

None

Nov 3, 2010
    Chandler, Az
    If you want root i would update to ZVE may be one more. Go to the 2.2 root guide. You already did the first half of the guide. So you could use the "lite" zips. You will have a choice between stock rooted or velocity 1.0 i think. This will also give you a custom recovery to make nandroid backups and restores and more. If you choose velocity i would download 1.1 as well and flash that in recovery after either choice in the guide. Velocity has tons of goodies and is about everything this phone could hope to be. It is extremely stable. You can change your theme, overclock the cpu, and many other things from within velocity and the amazing velocity script.
    If you want stock, i would take all the updates, up to ZVE and root with gingerbreak, you can search and find link to that around the all things root forum or maybe here. You may have trouble getting the recovery to stick by flashing w/ rom manager.

12. hmdgjr

hmdgjr Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Crisis Worker
    Allentown, PA
    Thank you again Death2all110 and KingofGreen.:D
    Everything went great. I did update again and have ZVE.
    Will follow directions for root (that you both suggested) if I decide to do this again.:eek:

Tags: