1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unable to uninstall outlook. Tried all standard tricks.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by digix, Aug 28, 2018.

1. digix

digix Lurker

I am unable to uninstall outlook under Android 8.1 no matter what I try.

I have revoked ALL security permissions, including device access. However the best I could do was disable the app. CC Cleaner doesn't see outlook in it's app removal options.

I'm a seasoned computer scientist and it is an atrocity that a big corporation like Microsoft does something so dirty as to make it hard to uninstall without a factory wipe.

Even if I do a factory wipe on the moto x4, there's a risk it will reinstall due to google play stores app sync.

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I've been away from Microsoft for awhile.
    Seems to me though if you installed it from the Play store you should be able to remove it easily. Was Outlook pre-installed on your device? @digix

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Outlook is probably set as a device administrator. Look in settings>apps>special access>phone administrators and see if Outlook is listed. If so, turn it off and then uninstall.

psionandy and Unforgiven like this.
  4. digix

digix Lurker

Nope. Play store won't let me remove it

5. digix

digix Lurker

Nope. I checked that too. It is not a phone administrator. I removed all permissions.

6. lunatic59

Hmmm. Was it installed as part ofan Office 365 subscription? Maybe you need to log into your MS account and remove it from the control panel that way.

Unforgiven likes this.
  7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I don't have any experience with Outlook on my phone, but figured I would confirm for the other folks trying to help that Outlook did not come preinstalled as a system app on the Moto X4.

lunatic59 and Hadron like this.
  8. digix

digix Lurker

Regretfully no. It was a standard google play download. I did install excel, and word also. Those uninstalled fine. Outlook however is stubborn.

I do appreciate the tips though. Thank you.

Unforgiven likes this.
  9. lunatic59

Is there an account associated with Outlook? (settings>accounts?) You might have to remove that first (grasping at straws here)

10. Is your phone root-ed?

… Thom

11. digix

digix Lurker

Nope. Stock.

12. digix

digix Lurker

Unfortunately no.

13. svim

svim Extreme Android User

lunatic59, Dannydet and Unforgiven like this.
  14. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

The funny thing is that you can normally only disable pre-installed apps.

And I did both install and uninstall Outlook on Android 8.1 with my Pixel, nothing special required. So this is not normal for Outlook or that Android version.

Microsoft Outlook: Organize Yo

Microsoft Outlook: Organize Yo Forum

com.microsoft.office.outlook

Microsoft Outlook for Android helps millions of users connect all their email accounts, calendars and files in one convenient spot. With intelligent email, calendar reminders and contacts, Outlook for Android lets you do more from one powerful inbox. Email friends, family and colleagues from multiple accounts on one app and see what matters most first with the Focused inbox that keeps the important messages on top. Switch between your emails and calendar to schedule your next meeting or share your availability with just a few taps. Email a document from your Files list and attach it easily. Microsoft Outlook provides seamless inbox management that enables you to work on the go. Outlook includes Word, Excel and PowerPoint integrations to help you manage and send files without hassle. Customize email and calendar tools so you can stay on top of your busy day. Organize tasks, your inbox, schedules and more - everything you need is only a tap away. Outlook for Android works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com, Gmail and Yahoo Mail. MICROSOFT OUTLOOK FEATURES:
One Place – Email, Calendar, Contacts & Files
• Email, calendar, contacts and files are all together in one place. • Calendar and file access right from your inbox. • Features to work on the go, like Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote integrations. • Microsoft Office documents are accessible from Outlook, stored locally or on OneDrive. Organized – Email & Day Planner Management
• Outlook helps you stay on top of your day with customized calendar and email tools. • Email inbox management displays your most important messages first and enables swipe gestures and smart filters. • Use as a day organizer & share calendars to easily coordinate schedules. • Schedules of your favorite sports & TV shows through Bing calendars. Intelligent – Calendar & Inbox Organizer
• Outlook tools anticipate your needs to help you stay focused. • Email manager highlights actions for you through @mentions. • Calendar automatically updates with travel, bill payment and delivery information. • Focused inbox keeps important emails and conversations front and center. • Email organizer group same subject emails for easier tracking. Secure – Safe Email Management & Spam Protection
• Microsoft Outlook protects your information with enterprise-grade security. • Email management with built-in protection against viruses and spam. • Outlook has advanced protection to keep your messages safe from phishing attacks and other online threats. • Microsoft’s enterprise grade security and privacy keeps your email, calendar, contacts and files safe. Get management for contacts, email, work schedule, files and more with Microsoft Outlook today.

READ MORE
March 23, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
100M+
Installs