• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to update MIUI locally

so i was trying to locally update my Redmi device from MIUI 8 (Marshmellow) to MIUI 10 (Nougat). I downloaded update .zip file and put it in internal storage in "downloaded_rom" folder. But whenever i try to apply this update Updater app shows pop up saying "To download this update, connect to a Wi-Fi network". I couln't find anything online.

Has encountered somethg like this

Further info:
i'm on MIUI 8.2.6.0 | Stable and update which i downloaded from XDA is named 'miui_HM4AGlobal_V10.1.1.0.NCCMIFI_bf43214d8e_7.1.zip'

so i was trying to locally update my Redmi device from MIUI 8 (Marshmellow) to MIUI 10 (Nougat). I downloaded update .zip file and put it in internal storage in "downloaded_rom" folder. But whenever i try to apply this update Updater app shows pop up saying "To download this update, connect to a Wi-Fi network". I couln't find anything online.

Has encountered somethg like this

Further info:
i'm on MIUI 8.2.6.0 | Stable and update which i downloaded from XDA is named 'miui_HM4AGlobal_V10.1.1.0.NCCMIFI_bf43214d8e_7.1.zip'

Was the phone actually connected to WiFi and the internet? Maybe MIUI needs to download some additional data to complete the update, that's just a guess of course.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones