1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Unable to update software

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wedgy, Feb 20, 2011.

1. wedgy

wedgy Lurker

My HTC Hero will not allow me to update to the latest software version. When viewing the settings section, about phone, software version it states V1.0.0.A6288 and is in light font and will not allow you to press to update. Does anyone know how I can update?

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

What build number do you have in Settings >> About Phone? That's the one you need to worry about.

sevab likes this.
  3. wedgy

wedgy Lurker

build number 1.76.405.6

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ok then, that explains why you can't update yet.

You need the latest android 1.5 firmware on your phone, available here from HTC, before you can upgrade to 2.1.

Once you've installed the most recent 1.5 (build number 2.73.405.5), your phone should offer to install two or three updates for you automatically (known as an OTA, Over-The-Air updates). One of those OTA updates, the second as far as I know, is the 2.1 update.

5. wedgy

wedgy Lurker

excellent, thanks for your help

6. wedgy

wedgy Lurker

excellent, new version is much better. However I obviously didnt read the small print and deleted all my contacts. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!

7. sevab

sevab Lurker

I have the same problem; however, heading to that website and entering my Serial # gives the following message "The serial number you’ve provided appears to be invalid. Please try again." and doesn't allow to download the file.
    I bought my gsm and sim-unlocked Hero in New York, although I live in Europe. Here is the information my phone gives me in About tab:

Firmware: 1.5
    Baseband version: 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18
    Kernel version: 2.6.27-8dd6deee
    htc-kernel@and18-2 )
    Build Number: 2.73.421.5 146733 CL#61267 release-keys
    Software version: 1.0.0.A6288

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me update my phone!!!

8. sevab

sevab Lurker

Btw, on my build I can't even manually check for updates through the same About Tab.
    Changing the date didn't help either.

9. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

sevab likes this.
Tags: