• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to update to 2.1

I tried updating the OS version but the first step where you had to install the LG mobile support tool to your PC doesnt work. I am using a Lenovo Laptop which is running on windows 7 home premium. Whenever the tool is installing, the installation begins and then disappears from the screen. What do I do?? I am really keen on upgrading my phone. :thinking:

Pleae also educate me on how do I go about backing up my contacts before I can upgrade the OS??

To backup ur contact go to
contact then click more you will find import/export, tap on it then export to sd card, thats all,to restore ur contact just click on import it will automatically scan and option will pop up, select that and wait 4 few second, then u are done,
i upgraded os 1.6 to 2.1 by reading android forum, its great.
try it.

Reactions: ankitnice
Upvote 0
Thankyou all my helpful friends...I successfully updated my gt540 to 2.1 using the KDZ updater... and am luvin it...

You seem to be new here,
today i updated my lg gt540 from android 2.1 to android 2.3 (cyanogen mod 7)
It's great,:):D:) awesome user interface, app2SD so unlimited apps installation,
I really loved all the rich features, I will really recommend you to update this with cyanogen mod 7, But read that thread very carefully, its very easy if you love android.....:D:D:D

Reactions: ankitnice
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones