• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to video call after OTA update 06/29

takirb

Android Enthusiast
Jun 20, 2010
S. Carolina
Anyone else having a problem getting video chat to work from Fring/Skype? I applied this OTA update this afternoon, and now all i can get in Fring is audio. My FF cam shows myself, and Skype on the PC shows it's own webcam, but neither me nor the receiving PC can see each other's cams. I've done a reboot on both PC and EVO and still no video-to-video. I'm not saying it is the OTA that caused this, just wondering if someone else can test their Fring/Skype after the OTA has been installed to verify?

this is the first time i've had an issue with fring. I uninstalled/reinstalled fring and was able to get a video up finally, but soon as the video from the PC came thru it got scrambled. Tried on 3G and wifi with same result. I haven't had any issues keeping skype/friends list synced. I'll try again tomorrow, thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones