1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unable to view location history

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zBernie, Jun 28, 2021.

1. zBernie

zBernie Newbie

My kid has a Motorola G Power cell phone. I have location history enabled, but when I attempt to view the history in Google Maps, it indicates that there is no history. It says that location history is enabled, so I'm not sure why I see no location history.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Look inside the Google account on the child's device instead.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. zBernie

zBernie Newbie

Evidently I should have been more specific; I was referring to my kid's account. Looking at my kid's account, location history is enabled, yet there is no history to be viewed.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Could be your kid disabled it? Didn't want daddy tracking him/her?

puppykickr and Dannydet like this.
  5. zBernie

zBernie Newbie

I mentioned in my original post that location history was enabled on my kids phone. Considering the fact that location history is enabled, and there is no location data at all for ANY days, I suspect there is another issue, rather than my kid disabling location tracking.

6. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

That info can easilly be deleted.
    Location could be on, but the apps required for it to work may be disabled.

I can turn location on and nothing shows up on my account either.

7. zBernie

zBernie Newbie

My kid did not delete the location data. I have mine enabled, and nothing is displayed either. You should not be able to enable location history and then no location history is displayed. Whatever apps are needed for it to work then, should be explained better by google, which has been doing a poor job with user interfaces for many years. Or maybe google is just interested in monetizing your location, which is why it is so obtuse.

#7 zBernie, Jul 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    puppykickr likes this.

Motorola Moto G Power Forum

The Motorola Moto G Power release date was 1 April. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 665 processor, and 5000mAh battery.

1 April
Release Date
Reviews