• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unauthorized Google Play charges...

RASelkirk

Oct 27, 2015
SETX, USA
Help me figure this out. My Discover card got dinged for three $5.00 charges from Google Play on June 6th. I disputed the charge(s) and Discover is investigating. Meanwhile, we get a new card, new number, spend 6 hours on the phone resetting all the auto-pays because 7 out of 8 of their websites are broken and won't let me add my new card info. Ugh!

I go into my Google account and see the only payment method on file is Paypal? Obviously, if I had incurred the charges, they'd have gone to PP. That being the case, how would Discover get dinged? Discover is working this, but not telling me squat. And Google denied my claim for reimbursement, so it's up to Discover now...

TIA!

Have you recently got any e-mails that claim to be from Google- that ask you to log into your account 'to be sure it is secure'?

No, thankfully I'm still savvy enough to not get phished. The first indication was Discover texting me "Discover: We just declined $5.00 at GOOGLE Google Play. Do you recognize this transaction? Y or N" When I logged into Discover, there were already three of these $5.00 hits. I'm thinking someone was testing my card (number) but didn't have the rest of the pertinent info...

Russ

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones