1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unauthorized installation of apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by muffiemae, Sep 19, 2017.

1. muffiemae

muffiemae Lurker

I have Lollipop 6.1. Recently, every damn day under "Security," "allow installation of apps from unknown sources" resets itself to "allow." Every day! I am a novice with smart phones and I'm at my wit's end with this except to do a factory reset. In which case I'll have to reinstall my apps. My phone is pretty "bare" and I have few apps anyway. Thanks for any information.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by mikedt, Sep 19, 2017 (1 points)
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

What phone have you actually got there, like if it's cheapo, it might be "sponsored" apps. There's been a few of those around from China. Where did you buy it?

4. muffiemae

muffiemae Lurker

It is a Hyandai Titan with 16mgs memory, unlocked. I bought it in Panama, where I live. I have two prepaid chips in it, MasMovi and Movistar. I previously had another problem (don't remember what now) but I solved it with a factory reset. Then of course had to reinstall all my apps. What I don't know how to solve now is that EVERY DAY my phone resets itself to receive unauthorized apps. EVERY DAY I reset it to NOT install unauthorized apps, but it changes itself back again. It also allows the installation of something named "file" which my antivirus program says could be a problem. I uninstall that as well, but it keeps being re-installed. What can I do about this other than a factory reset?

Also, how do I access the system files on my android? Thanks for any help!