• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

unblockable text from elsalvador

textca

Lurker
Sep 15, 2016
Hello, love my zmax pro but get a text from el salvador everyday that is in spanish asking something about a 120 minute phone card.Went to metropcs service center to try and get a way to block a text on the zmax pro.The guy and then the next guy tried and said its a flaw in the phone and there is no was to block a text on the zmax pro unless you use a third party app.I am not that big on third party apps, phone tech etc, I am old. Does any one have any idea of how to block an out of country text from coming to a zmax pro daily?thanks a million.
ps -the tech said he could block a phone call not a text

These unwanted texts are coming from a consistent rather than arbitrary numbers in El Salvador(+503)? Many devices stock SMS apps do have provision for blocking texts from unwanted/blacklisted numbers. But apparently not the ZTE Max Pro, US version? In which case you'll have to use a third-party messaging app, that does.

ZTE is a phone with Chinese firmware and stock apps
, and so some stock apps and features might not be too clever.
next guy tried and said its a flaw in the phone

In China they usually ignore Google and AOSP, manufacturers like to do their own things, occasionally half baked, buggy, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Mikedt, yeah the number is 503 727 etc..... but could be spoofed though from El Salvador, cause when we went to send the stop text it went undeliverable making the guys at metropcs think it was out of country .The phone is great only loses like 2 to 3 percent overnight(8/9 hours) couldn't be happier with the way it works outside of the text thing.The positive side of this is when I am going to bed there is no way this thing is on =better sleep.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones