1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

unblocking 800 band?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by retrospective, Aug 9, 2012.

1. retrospective

retrospective Newbie

Would unblocking the 800 band with qxdm improve or help signal in any way :thinking:? Idk just a thought.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. calitrippin

calitrippin Well-Known Member

Probably not because that band is Verizon, and I don't think sprint would allow the roaming, though it might work I don't know for sure

3. GrandTheftBJJ

GrandTheftBJJ Well-Known Member

I though Sprint and Verizon share towers anyway... It couldn't hurt to try right? As long as you have a back up saved to restore to, or remember what the default settings were. Use the "Open Signal Maps" app from the market to test the signal, I'm curious of your findings.

4. BradleyED

BradleyED Newbie

I think Sprint and Verizon share towers, but VM is only on Sprint owned towers.

5. GrandTheftBJJ

not if you changed the PRL :D

6. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

Yep
    You won't authenticate to Verizon towers even if you change the PRL, it won't help you out.

7. GrandTheftBJJ

I meant change it to a Spring PRL, but still wouldn't authenticate to the Verizon towers I guess. Hope I didn't seem snobby, was just a suggestion.

8. retrospective

retrospective Newbie

Well some guy that flashed his triumph to page plus was able to get on verizons network so maybe if you change the prl to another sprint one with a sprint number it may be posible to roam on verizons towers lol

9. GrandTheftBJJ

happen to have a link? or know which PRL he used?

10. thangfish

thangfish Android Expert

flashing your phone to a different provider is a totally different issue, and I expect also Illegal.

Also, while some sprint PRLs allow roaming to Verizon (and others) in certain areas, VM doesn't allow roaming at all... so no help there.

I don't know about other areas, but in my location (South central NC) Sprint and Verizon do not share towers, as verified with OpenSignal.

11. RolaAddict

RolaAddict Android Enthusiast

It's not illegal.Courts ruled that you can do whatever you want with YOUR phone but that the phone maker has the right to void your warranty if you alter your phone in any way(i.e. rooting,jailbreaking,flashing ect.).

12. GrandTheftBJJ

So what is the point of PRL swapping? Just curious. I know MIUI has a setting to allow roaming, not sure about CM7 / 7.2; would these even get through if VM doesn't allow roaming period?

13. RolaAddict

RolaAddict Android Enthusiast

I think you can data roam cause I have had the roam tab come up and had data but no calling.When I tried to make a call it said press 1 for collect call press 2 to use your credit card to make a call

14. thangfish

thangfish Android Expert

Now you got it...
    there really is no point to it, with a VM triumph...
    And I've swapped a lot of them.

15. thangfish

thangfish Android Expert

Yeah, I've had that too... messing around with an Alltel prl.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews