• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unbranded DHD not recieved Update?

I've an "'unbranded" (Stock HTC (Android 2.3.3, Sense 2.1) on top of branded Orange phone using Gold Card) phone, but no update for me yet.

Is this my setup or should I be more patient? :thinking:

Maybe this will finally tip me over in to rooting. I don't use Sense anyway (I like the ability to customise icons in ADW but do miss the frequently used apps in the app drawer).

Upvote 0
I've an "'unbranded" (Stock HTC (Android 2.3.3, Sense 2.1) on top of branded Orange phone using Gold Card) phone, but no update for me yet.

Is this my setup or should I be more patient? :thinking:

How did you put the unbranded S/W on there? Via an RUU or downgrade? Do you still have the Orange CID or the Stock HTC one? You can test with this.

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

I used a Gold Card with a RUU file, the one I used is on another machine, so I can't remember off hand. I can find out if that would help.

That interesting little tool says I am ORANG001 and that got me thinking that maybe my Gold Card is not working? I then remembered that whilst I think that my current card is a Gold Card I used a different one when removing the Orange branding. I tried a battery out reboot, but still no upgrade and still ORANG001.

I saw that there is an RUU file
RUU_Ace_Sense30_S_HTC_WWE_3.12.405.1_Radio_12.65.60.29_26.14.04.28_M_release_225512_signed.exe
on this site, would that be good for me or does the radio need to match what I have, which appears to be 12.54.60.25U_26.09.04.11_M2?

Forgive the total noob questions, I have really been thinking about this, honest.

Later: I looked at the ACE Hack Kit, and realised that there may be one more complication I face. I sent the phone back recently because I'd realised that the GPS was not fully functional and the proximity sensor bug was present. The phone came back fully working. I wonder if I now have the circuit board of a Gingerbread phone... (But I suppose I will not be downgrading, so maybe it doesn't matter, and is probably another thread!)

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

I used a Gold Card with a RUU file, the one I used is on another machine, so I can't remember off hand. I can find out if that would help.

That interesting little tool says I am ORANG001 and that got me thinking that maybe my Gold Card is not working? I then remembered that whilst I think that my current card is a Gold Card I used a different one when removing the Orange branding. I tried a battery out reboot, but still no upgrade and still ORANG001.

I saw that there is an RUU file
RUU_Ace_Sense30_S_HTC_WWE_3.12.405.1_Radio_12.65.60.29_26.14.04.28_M_release_225512_signed.exe
on this site, would that be good for me or does the radio need to match what I have, which appears to be 12.54.60.25U_26.09.04.11_M2?

Forgive the total noob questions, I have really been thinking about this, honest.

Nice blog! :)

Your CID doesn't match your software version, your CID should be HTC_01 (or similar, I can't remember exactly) and as consequence, the update tool doesn't know which software to download so it's just telling you there isn't one available.

If you ran the RUU, it would wipe the handset and stick on a new software version but your CID would still be ORANG001. You could root using the hack kit, or you could use one of the older methods of rooting involving downgrading, then rooting, then using your carrier id with the S-OFF tool?

Reactions: omdaddi
Upvote 0
I have looked at the whole S-OFF thing but not sure how it changes the carrier ID (there is so much new terminology here). I am making the bold assumption that if I root it I can have any carrier ID I like. I would be looking at CM7 I think.

The S-OFF tool has an option to change your carrier ID and given what's involved to get that way, you're probably better/easier going down the hack kit method.

CM7 is a good choice btw. There's a link to the hack kit here: http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-...guide-dhd-all-things-root-roundup-sticky.html and there's also instructions on how to back up contacts, your apps with Titanium and an install guide for CM7 too.

Upvote 0
hey..i have got htc desire hd. and m currently running android version 2.3.3. i have heard that android 2.3.5 update is available but i havn't received any such notification yet. i bought this phone fron united kingdom( network provider- orange). but i gt it unlocked to use it in india where i am presently lives. so can u help, so that i can update it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones