• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unbrick Phone from LG Screen

Joneidy, need ur help here. I have unbricked 2 phones using this method. Trying to do a friends and after following all the instructions to the T, LGNPST just counts progress time and it never actually progresses anywhere. It never goes past 0% and eventually says that there is a corrupted partition. Any ideas on this one.

Upvote 0
for some reason when i reached 100 percent my phone got zeroed out... idk wtf happened it said finished

Open LGNSPT. Click on Data recovery. Find the File
that Starts with your phone model and ends with
COM and NVS. Click on it and you will have service
and everything back in place. Make sure to Click on
the NVS file thats marked to the time before you
bricked you bricked your phone.:D I did exactly what you
did last night Zeroed out my Brandnew Phone and and this
is how I fixed it.

Upvote 0
I am trying so hard not to give up! I get to the S/W screen on the initial plug in. I click on LGNPST and it just says (Checking LS USB/Parallel Lockkey). By then the S/W screen goes away back to the LG screen. I only have two hands and am not sure. Am I supposed to hold down all four buttons while it's in the computer as well? Please HEELLPPP!

Upvote 0
Alright guys I got my manage to finally BRICK MY PHONE >_< and now I need some help. I really wanna know if it is possible to write all the information back onto my phone with LGNPST. I have the meid esn and data networks the preferences MOSTLY EVERY SINGLE DETAIL FOR PROGRAMMING AND GETTING SERVICE. But i wanna know if i can use LGNPST to write this on my phone and flash the prl. Does anyone know if this would work?

Upvote 0
This guide is the best. I unbricked my best friend's Lg Optimus with this method. Except for one tiny little user error- her phone is a Cricket Optimus C not Optimus M. I said to look at the bright side it is not a brick anymore.

I have search every forum known or unknown (& under every brick) but I cannot find the firmware/stock rom for the Cricket. Is it possible someone has this rare golden file. Pleeeease right now my superhero status is fading fast!

Thank you in advance for any help

Upvote 0
This guide is the best. I unbricked my best friend's Lg Optimus with this method. Except for one tiny little user error- her phone is a Cricket Optimus C not Optimus M. I said to look at the bright side it is not a brick anymore.

I have search every forum known or unknown (& under every brick) but I cannot find the firmware/stock rom for the Cricket. Is it possible someone has this rare golden file. Pleeeease right now my superhero status is fading fast!

Thank you in advance for any help

[ROM] Stock ROM LG OPTIMUS C REVERT Don't know if this was what you were looking for

Upvote 0
So many users have been using Rom Manager and are getting stuck at the Lg Logo. Well now there`s a way to unbrick your phone and avoid the need of a replacement.

To get your phone to be recognized by the pc, you need to let the battery die. In other words let the phone shutdown by itself while it is at the LG Logo. When the phone is off, press and hold this combination of keys: Vol Down + Back key + Camera + Power button. With the keys hold down plug your charger. (AC connected to the wall) Your phone should boot to S/W Upgrade mode. Then connect it to the pc.

Now make sure that LGNPST and drivers are installed on your pc correctly. (Go here if you need to install LGNPST and drivers. Follow the guide until where you need to open LGNPST.

Then Open up LGNPST and make sure that the program recognizes the phone. It should be under the EMERGENCY tab. (Dont worry if is says UNKNOWN under Model).

Now Select the dll file. The file name is MS690.dll where it says dll.
Then Download this file and select it as the .bin file. The file name should end as .bin (So need to unzip to somewhere on your pc)

Then click start. Let the process get to 100%

Now your phone will try to start up but the battery will blink or charge. If it`s blinking all you have to do is: plug it to the wall let it charge a little bit, then turn it on. If it charges then let it charge a little and then turn it on.

Your phone will be back to stock mode. And also unbricked.

Hope this helps.

When I get to the part above, highlighted in red, I get error message "Failed to load the skin.DLL"
Any idea what is wrong?

Upvote 0
When I get to the part above, highlighted in red, I get error message "Failed to load the skin.DLL"
Any idea what is wrong?
You missed a step

After all these files install, locate the LGNTPS.exe file on your desktop and copy it to: C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST. Make a shortcut to the desktop because it`s required to run the program

What you forgot was to place that "extra" LGNTPS.exe into the LG folder.

Upvote 0
This is extremely frustrating.
I am 110% certain that I have the LGNPST.exe in the LGNPST folder and, made the shortcut to the desktop as instructed but it still gives me the "Failed to load skin.dll" and I have no clue as to why.
Ready to rip my hair out at this point because this obviously works for others.
Yes that can be frustrating. There could be other factors involved, such as what version of windows your running, windows vista and 7 have UAC that plays all kinds of havac on these things.

Upvote 0
My mom took my optimus M to try and reactivate it after not paying the bill for a while. It was rooted, they tried to reactivate but couldn't and now it bootloops. Is it salvageable?

I believe it was on joneidy's sense rom 2.2.1
Yes, using lgnpst its easy to recover it.
However if the esn and other information is gone that is a little harder but still not too bad.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones