• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unbrick s5830 in situation?

A

Android Question

I had a stock Optus firmware for my s5830 running 2.3.6 Gingerbread. I installed a zip off the internet to remove the stock Optus apps so I could root the phone, which i ended up doing.

I then installed Clockwork Mod 5, which installed successfully. After, i proceeded to install a custom ROM called "The Ultimatum", the installation went fine, i selected the kernel which didn't require an extra partition so it would not go into a bootloop. No errors were shown during installation.

I then rebooted my phone and now it is stuck into a bootloop. I thought "Oh yeah, i can just flash the custom 2.3.6 firmware back onto my device, which i have done many times". But to my surprise, my PC does not recognize my phone in download mode. I have tried using two cables as well as deleting drivers and reinstalling them.

Extra details are that i mounted the sd card through CWM and the sd card is completely empty, even just after i installed the ROM (with no errors).

Anyone please help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones